APEX Release GageMap 2017 3.12- Mesh-Free FEA Analysis Software
APEX Turbine Testing Technologies, Inc. is announcing the release of GageMap version 2017 3.12 with some minor bug fixes and a few feature enhancements including added support for a space mouse! See the complete list of improvements below.
- Versioning reverted back to Major.Minor.Micro.Tick rather than Year.Minor.Micro.Tick. This was done to better distinguish between the current generation GageMap and the next generation GageMap.
- Licensing changed to use composite host ID’s and new APEX Host daemon. LICENSING WILL HAVE TO BE RE-KEYED. Please refer to: https://documentation.docs.edasglobal.com/FlexLicensing/migration.html
- All GageMap products changed over to GCC 6.3 toolchain for LINUX and use of MSVC 2017 for Windows.
- Corrected issue: Geometry loaded but no modes for files > 2 GB
- Linux packages changed over to be in standard RPM and DEB packaging. A tar.gz archive is also available for easy extraction.
- Linux packages removed the need for a shell wrapper.
- Linux packages require X11 and libXcb libraries on Linux. This requirement is imposed by the graphics toolkit.
Minimum Supported Systems
- LINUX: Linux systems must be newer or equal to RHEL 7.0 and UBUNTU 16.04
- WINDOWS: Windows systems must be newer or equal to Windows 7.
SDR Converter (SdrConverter.exe)
- ansys2sdr, aba2sdr, and nas2sdr have been combined into a single tool: SdrConverter.
- ANSYS version 17, 18 and 19 supported. Earlier versions supported but no QA was performed.
- ABAQUS API for version 2018 supported. ABAQUS API may upgrade earlier ODB files prior to conversion.
- Permits creation of multiple jobs for conversions.
- Fixed various issues with regards to file looping in SDRFM, GM, and exporting
- GM.main().node() extended to include whether or not it is a mid-side node and the thickness
- Close function added to SDRFM and GM for multiple file processing
- All output articles have been set to use the set output path unless an absolute path is specified
- Corrected issues with virtual mode shapes in SDRFM
- Reduced amount of logging
- Additional module added: SdrConverter – ansys module still supported
- GmScript -v prints the current version of GmScript
- Space Mouse support added
- Added panel for adjusting sensitivities for the Space Mouse
- Corrected issue where speed was not exported to Limits file
- Corrects issue where setting a high number of contour levels caused a freeze
- Non-Linear static loads strains and stresses for gage computations use the average of the imported strains/stresses from the FEA application
- No support for Linux license servers. There is an issue with the new Flexera modules & GageMap with Linux based license servers that prevents serving of either GageMap or GmScript licenses.
- Linux versions of GageMap that utilize a Windows license server may require restarting the application to acquire a valid licenses.
- Shell element imported strain & stresses may be incorrect. Imported values for shell elements should be checked against values in the FE solver prior to beginning a GageMap analysis. The conversion process has issues consistently averaging values from the upper & lower surfaces in some instances.
- Occasional crashes can occur in the conversion of ANSYS files. This appears to be related to the ANSYS API, and mainly for cyclic files
Click image to learn more about GageMap Software