BT-Post is a data analysis software product for post-processing tip timing data from laser-based and capacitance-based tip timing systems (also known as NSMS). BT-Post supports industry standard *.ind formatted files and APEX *.cdt formatted files. Most commercial tip timing data acquisition products will export to *.ind, or create *.cdt files natively so you can start using BT-Post right away.
BT was designed for the engineer that needs to analyze a lot of tip timing data quickly. To accomplish this, BT uses a process designer (similar to the one in DX) that has tools for grouping or removing probes, preprocessing the data to include filtering and zeroing, and an array of engineering plot tools for analysis and display of the data.
Analysis processes can be stored and reused so that engineers can be sure that all data is analyzed the same way every time. When a data file is processed, the results are stored in a memory mapped file for nearly instantaneous plotting. There is no need for serial analysis – that is, adjust something, plot something. Instead, BT does all the filtering, zeroing, and analysis in parallel shaving hours off your analysis effort.
BT uses processing algorithms developed at the Arnold Engineering Development Center (AEDC) during test of leading edge military engines so you can trust that the results meet industry standards. Analysis routines include TWA (Travelling Wave Analysis) for non-integral vibration and SWAT (Sine Wave Analysis Technique) for integral vibration analysis.
- Interactive filtering tools for preprocessing raw data. Low-pass and High-pass filter tools are available
- Interactive zeroing tools including rev averaging, and detrending with polynomial fits
- Process data in multiple ways at the same time using the Process Designer
- Set default plots for instant data viewing
- View blade stacks from any or all probes for ALL revs at the same time.
- View and browse vertical blade stacks for ALL revs of data interactively using the slider control or your mouse wheel
- Color code Campbell diagram data by “goodness of fit” to insure analysis results are valid
- Easily create page layouts with various kinds of plots in various layouts
- One-click “Quick Plot” feature provides complete analysis of each blade instantaneously
- Export tip timing processed results to a APEX PKX formatted file for display in the APEX-DX product where you can analyze strain gage data and tip timing data AT THE SAME TIME